sound of a
There is nothing like a shotgun to clear birds!
These unique double banger ropes (every other bang is a double), is designed to emulate a shotgun in the field and to make birdscaring more effective.
|Ropes Per Box:||12 ropes per box|
|Ropes Length:||40″ (1015 mm)|
|Ropes Diameter:||0.5″ (15 mm)|
|Number of Bangs:||18 bangs per rope|
|Time Between Bangs:||Approx. 30 minutes|
|Total Burning Time:||Approx. 6 hours|
|Size of Banger:||1.9″ (50 mm)|
Important instructions on how to use BANGER ROPES safely
Explosives 1.4G – UN number 0431 – Articles, pyrotechnic for technical purposes. These are potentially dangerous items and must be handled with care, please read the following instructions and follow them carefully. CE NUMBER 1395-P1-0274/2015 – SOUND EMITTER:
- These powerful banger ropes should be handled with extreme care – always wear appropriate personal protective equipment when handling and lighting banger ropes.
- Banger ropes are for professional use and are only intended for agricultural bird scaring in open fields, and must not be used as fireworks.
- The banger rope is designed to burn for a period of approximately 5 – 6 hours for day ropes or up to 12 hours for continuation ropes. (Please NOTE: the banger rope will burn faster in windy conditions).
- Bangers are placed equal distances apart to explode at 15 – 30 minute intervals.
- NEVER hang a banger rope where a member of the general public could tamper with it.
- NEVER hang a banger rope on a public footpath or bridleway where the general public have a right of way.
- Beware of neighbour’s livestock near the banger rope site.
- Keep well away from flammable materials including flammable gases.
- NEVER light the fuse of a banger.
- DO NOT hold the rope during lighting or once it is alight.
- DO NOT dismantle the rope or the bangers.
- NEVER remove an individual banger off the rope.
- NEVER relight a banger rope that has been extinguished.
- Dispose in the recommended way – see below.
- If a banger falls to the ground and has not exploded, do not try to re-ignite it. Any unexploded bangers should be left untouched for at least 6 hours, pick up with a pair of tongs. After which they should be soaked in a bucket of water for a minimum of 24 hours. Then dispose in normal refuse while still damp. NEVER relight a banger that has been soaked in water and subsequently dried out.
- If a banger has come off the rope and is loose in the box, NEVER light it. It should be soaked in a bucket of water for 24 hours. Then dispose in normal refuse while still damp.
- Always store in a cool dry place, well away from any source of ignition, flammable materials or other hazardous goods. A metal cabinet is ideal. Use within 5 years of purchase.
- Not to be sold to, or used by persons under 18 years of age.
Portek have a full range of support literature downloads and instructional videos that cover their complete product range and are always being updated on our YouTube channel.
The ‘Portek Media’ channel is your starting point for help with most Portek products, and will help you to better understand how to assemble, maintain and get the best from your Portek products.
To download the PDF files, simply click on an image thumbnail (right) to download the latest version of the PDF directly to your desktop.